in ascending order of coolness in my opinion…
- 1992 – Jay Leno takes over as host of The Tonight Show (I’m a Letter-man. heh)
- 2001 – 32-year-old Erik Weihenmayer, of Boulder, Colorado, becomes the first blind person to reach the summit of Mount Everest
- 1787 – In Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, delegates convene a Constitutional Convention to write a new Constitution for the United States. George Washington presides.
- 1932 – Goofy makes his debut in 1932
- 1961 – John F. Kennedy made his famous put a “man on the moon” in this decade speech
- 1977 – Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope was released in 1977
and last but not least… the reason why it’ll become one of my MOST FAVORITE DAYS EVER…